The FOSTCDRI-PH-MC series are premium, heavy-duty serial to fiber optic converters. Designed for rugged industrial environments, they have been put through some of the most exacting compliance testing in the industry. Meeting IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 requirements, they are suitable for installation in electrical substations. These specifications are more stringent than NEMA TS1/TS2 requirements for transportation applications. Powerful isolation protects equipment and data from damaging ground loops and surges. Additional isolation on the power supply circuits adds a third degree of protection.
Packaged in a rugged IP30 metal case, these units convert serial signals to multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic. Bit-wise enabled circuitry automatically detects the data rate without setting a DIP switch.
In addition to direct point-to-point connectivity, operation in multi-drop mode is possible. This enables serial devices to communicate with up to 31 others in a fiber ring. Supporting mixed standards, you can replace other converters and add the EMI / RFI protection inherent to fiber optic communications.
- Manufactured by: Advantech B&B Smartworx
- Description: Heavy Industrial Serial to Fiber Optic Converter
- Model: FOSTCDRI-PH-MC
- Data Rate (Maximum): RS-232: 115.2 Kbps / RS-422/485: 460.8 Kbps maximum
- RS-232 Connector: 5-position, removable terminal block
- RS-232: TD, RD, GND
- RS-422: TDA(-), TDB(+), RDA(-), RDB(+)
- RS-422/485 Connector: 5-position, removable terminal block
- RS-485, 2-wire: Data A(-), Data B(+)
- RS-422/485, 4-wire: TDA(-), TDB(+), RDA(-), RDB(+)
- Isolation Rating: 2KV RMS, 1 minute (Optical)
- Lines Protected: 2-way (input, output lines)
- Fiber (Type/Wavelenght): Multi-mode or Single-mode 1310 nM
- ST Connector
- Data Rate: 9.6 to 115.2 kbps
- Maximum Distance: Multi-mode: 2 km / Single-mode: 15 km
- Input Voltage: 10-48VDC
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +85 °C
- Enclosure: IP30, Metal (Panel Mount)
- Converts serial data signals to multi- or single-mode fiber optic
- 2kV, 3-way isolation on data ports and power circuits
- 9.6 to 115.2 kbps data rate
- -40 to +85°C wide operating temperature
- IP30 metal panel mount case (DIN rail adaptable)
- FCC, CE, IEC-61850-3, IEEE 1613, UL C1/D2
- Note: 2 units required to extend data via fiber optic connection (see datasheet)
- Power supply required, not included, sold separately
Do you have an application for one of our FOSTCDRI-PH-MC Heavy Industrial Serial to Fiber Optic Converters but don’t know how to install it? We can install it for you. Email us your requirements and we will provide a quote to do the installation.