The FOSTCDRI is Advantech B+B SmartWorx’ premium industrial serial to multi-mode fiber optic converter. Its rugged design is UL approved and certified for Class 1/Division 2 industrial environments. It extends data communications up to 4 km (2.5 miles). It provides three-way optical isolation on the input, output and power lines.
In addition to direct point-to-point connectivity, it is capable of operating in a multi-drop mode. This allows one serial device to communicate with up to 31 other devices around a fiber ring. Since it supports mixed standards, you can replace other converters and isolators and add the EMI / RFI protection inherent to fiber optic communications.
In RS-232 mode, the converter supports Transmit and Receive data. Handshaking signals are not passed through. An Automatic Send Data Control circuit controls the RS-422/485 driver chip, eliminating the requirement for external software.
Easy to install and configure, it has a 12-position DIP switch on the bottom to configure RS-422/485 parameters. Serial data and power cables connect to removable terminal blocks. ST connectors are used for the fiber.
Model FOSTCDRI-INV features an “inverted fiber state” and is suitable for applications requiring the fiber optic transmit light to be Off in the idle state.
- Manufactured by: Advantech B&B Smartworx
- Description: Isolated Serial to Fiber Optic Converter
- Model: FOSTCDRI
- Data Rate (Maximum): RS-232: 115.2 Kbps / RS-422/485: 460.8 Kbps maximum
- RS-232 Connector: Remove-able Terminal block
- RS-232 Signal: TD, RD, GND
- RS-422/485 Connector: 5-position, removable terminal block
- RS-485, 2-wire: Data A(-), Data B(+), GND
- RS-422/485, 4-wire: TDA(-), TDB(+), RDA(-), RDB(+), GND
- Isolation Rating: 2KV RMS, 1 minute (Optical)
- Lines Protected: 2-way (input, output lines)
- Fiber (Type/Wavelenght): Multi-mode / 820 nm
- ST Connector
- Data Rate: 9.6 to 115.2 kbps
- Maximum Distance: 4 km
- Input Voltage: 10-30VDC
- Operating Temperature: -40 to +80 °C
- Enclosure: IP30, plastic
- Converts serial data signals to multi-mode ST fiber optic
- 2000V 3-way optical isolation (two data ports, power circuit)
- EMI/RFI protection
- Data rates up to 115.2 kbps
- Wide operating temperature: -40 to +80 °C
- IP20 plastic case, DIN mount
- 10 – 48 VDC input power range
- UL Class 1 / Division 2 rated
- Power supply not included, sold separately
Do you have an application for one of our FOSTCDRI Isolated Serial to Fiber Optic Converters but don’t know how to install it? We can install it for you. Email us your requirements and we will provide a quote to do the installation.