Ethernet Coaxial Extenders
Ethernet Coaxial Extenders fully complies with IEEE802.3 10BaseT and IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX standards. Two EIS EXTEND-C models are required for the Ethernet extension, (one at each end of your extension points). These Ethernet Coaxial Extenders can be used with included power supply or in the EIS-RACK-16, 19 inch rack mount chassis, which can house up to 16 EIS-EXTEND-C units or EIS Media Converters. Ethernet Coaxial Extenders for 10/100 Networks Extend Ethernet Coaxial Connections Up to 8530 Feet. PLC Technologies Coaxial Extenders can be used in commercial and industrial applications and come with a standard 5 year warranty.
A pair of extenders are required for a connection between two points.
|EIR-EXTEND-C||Hardened 10/100 Base-TX Coaxial Extender|
|EIS-EXTEND-C||Ethernet Copper Coaxial (Includes power supply)|
- One 10/100Base TX (TX) Ethernet port with RJ-45 connector
- Auto negotiation of speed and duplex mode on TX port
- Auto MDI/MDIX on Ethernet port
- IEEE 802.3 10BaseT and IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX compliant
- Line port uses BNC connector or F-Type connector
- Line port link is full-duplex up to 85Mbps over existing coaxial cable
- One DIP switch for configuring local or remote mode
- Status LED’s for monitoring and connection status
- External AC to DC power adapter included
- Used as a stand-alone Ethernet over coaxial extender or with a 19 inch rack chassis
Ethernet Coaxial Extenders can be used in a variety of applications. Below is a typical example of how the extenders can be used in a industrial application. In the example below the ethernet coaxial extenders are use to connect the plantfloor with instrumentation systems over a distance of 1900m.
|Speed||Distance Up To|
|1 Mbps||2600 m|
|10 Mbps||2400 m|
|20 Mbps||1800 m|
|30 Mbps||1600 m|
|50 Mbps||1200 m|
|70 Mbps||600 m|
|85 Mbps||200 m|